CPD Recertification Programme
CPD Recertification Programme for Optometrists is effective from 1 November 2010. ... Read more about CPD Recertification Programme >>
CPD Accreditation Policy
CPD Accreditation Policy for Optometrists is effective from 27 June 2016. Below are some policies, read the board's CPD Accreditation Policy for a complete policy. Have a look at the sample CPD report which explains the CPD report in detail.
- CPD cycle is a two year period from 01-Nov to 31-Oct.
- Optometrists should get 20 General and 20 Clinical Diagnosis (CD) credits in this two year period, if they hold an active APC.
- CD credits are required even for non-therapeutic optometrists.
- Excess CD credits will compensate deficit General credits. But excess General credits will not compensate deficit CD credits.
- Half of the total excess credits (max 45) obtained in a CPD cycle will be transferred to next CPD cycle as general credits.
- Pro-rata credits will be awarded for optometrists obtaining an APC in the middle of the CPD cycle.
- Proof of attendance e.g. a certificate.
- List of lectures attended and duration of each lecture.
- Abstract/summary of each lecture.
The CPD Accreditation committee will use this information to determine the amount and type of credits to award.
Board Payment form for Individual Dossier
Please see the ODOB website https://www.odob.health.nz/i-want-to-register/fees/