CPD Recertification Programme
CPD Recertification Programme for Optometrists is effective from 1 November 2010. ... Read more about CPD Recertification Programme >>
CPD Accreditation Policy
CPD Accreditation Policy for Optometrists is effective from 27 June 2016. Below are some policies, read the board's CPD Accreditation Policy for a complete policy. Have a look at the sample CPD report which explains the CPD report in detail.
- CPD cycle is a two year period from 01-Nov to 31-Oct.
- Optometrists should get 20 General and 20 Clinical Diagnosis (CD) credits in this two year period, if they hold an active APC.
- CD credits are required even for non-therapeutic optometrists.
- Excess CD credits will compensate deficit General credits. But excess General credits will not compensate deficit CD credits.
- Half of the total excess credits (max 45) obtained in a CPD cycle will be transferred to next CPD cycle as general credits.
- Pro-rata credits will be awarded for optometrists obtaining an APC in the middle of the CPD cycle.
- Proof of attendance e.g. a certificate.
- List of lectures attended and duration of each lecture.
- Abstract/summary of each lecture.
The CPD Accreditation committee will use this information to determine the amount and type of credits to award.
Please note that the accreditation committee may charge a fee for accrediting the individual CPD application.
Please visit the ODOB website for fee details and payment form https://www.odob.health.nz/i-want-to-register/fees/